4BT-CE Estimating - Quick Start
4BT-CE is the estimating and LEAN construction delivery component of Building in Cloud. 4BT-CE embeds integrated project delivery best management practices, including the OpenJOCTM process, to enable higher levels of collaboration among owners, contractors, subcontractors, building users, and oversight groups.
4BT-CE provides many benefits to users and the user organizations. Below a brief outline of the many benefits, features, and capabilities provided.
- Detailed line item construction cost estimating, as well as program, project, and document management
- Supports multiple Unit Price Books and other Detailed Line Item Commercial Construction Costs Databases
- Support for multiple JOC Coefficients, multiple Locations, multiple Contractors, multiple Subcontractors, multiple JOC Programs…
- CSI Masterformat (TM) UPB format (50 Division) used for data organization
- Electronic estimating — directly access, search, and use pricing guides without physical books, paper, or PDFs.
- Full description of line items, in plain English using common industry terms, including crews, output, material, labor, and equipment costs.
- Minimal use of confusing abbreviations or acronyms
- Powerful search engine tools to find unit price line items quickly – Keyword search, Masterformat number, search, and Navigational Tree
- Ability to tag and input multiple line items into an estimate
- Easily locate any items lacking a quantity (highlighted in ‘yellow’)
- Reports calculate and detail Prepriced (sourced from current JOC UPB) and non-prepriced line items, and show associated percentages of total estimating and total dollar amounts.
- Ability to add and report notes at the line item level, estimate, or project level.
Project & Document Management Features
- Progam, Project, and Document Management tools
- Manage document templates to be used repeatedly on projects
- Organize and locate all project documents in one common place
- Document “check out/check in” assures everyone is working on the same current version
- Mutliple permission levels can be assigned relative to document viewing, editing, etc.
- Support for an unlimited number of users
- Compliant with advanced security protocols
- Pure cloud technology – Only requires an internet browser (Google Chrome recommend, though operable in all common browsers),. Excel™ and Adobe PDF™ are used for exporting, report viewing, etc.
- Report generation and export to Excel™ or Adobe PDF™
- Document version control
- Document access control
- Intuitive user interfaces
- DWG, Revit, PDF, viewers
- GPS mapping/visualization
- Tracks and manages all projects in one program
- Enables team to share CURRENT information in REALTIME – Allows designated team members to access and/or edit assigned documents and share information/expertise
- Reduces time spent creating and managing documents
- Electronically supports contract pricing requirements
- Support and training from a team that has decades of experience LEAN consturction delivery and life-cycle facilities / infrastructure asset management.
- Monitors and helps to assure compliance with program requirements
- Properly implemented, delvers 90%+ of renovation, repair, and new construction projects on-time, on-budget, and to the satisfaction of all participants and stakeholders.